Design Awards FAQ
Steps for Submitting
- Go to awards.aplusd.org
- Read through all restriction, information, and guidelines.
- Submit Fee Here (unless you are a student or have previously received a waiver)
- Fill out Google Form (open on Sept 7)
- A confirmation email will be sent and we will share a Google Drive for you to upload your content.
What is the deadline for submissions?
- October 22, 2021
Do I need to pay before submitting?
- Each submission fee is considered a donation as it will all go back to supporting the museum as a non-profit institution. Each submission helps us continue to provide a platform for emerging voices in architecture and design.
- As an inclusive institution we have reserved a number of fee waived submissions. If the submission fee is a barrier please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you.
Once I complete the payment and fill out the Google Form, will I receive a confirmation?
- You will receive a confirmation after filling out the Google Form within 24 hours.
How many entries can I submit?
- You may submit up to two designs per category.
- You may not submit the same design twice in a single category. Please note we ask you to submit the fee for each submission.
Can I submit one design into multiple categories?
- You may submit one design into a maximum of 2 categories. Please note we ask you to submit the fee for each submission.
What dates do I need to know?
- October 22, 2021
- October 28-November 11, 2021
- November 12,13, 14 2021
- November 19, 2021
Winners and Sponsors Award Gala
If I am submitting multiple entries, should I send in multiple google forms?
- No, please only submit one form.
- Within the form, it will ask you which categories you will be submitting to.
- We will send you separate Google Drive Folders for Each Category that you select.
Is there a limit to the amount of images or documents that I submit?
- There is no limit to the number of documents that you submit. You may submit all content that you believe will best showcase your work to the jury.
- We ask that submissions do not exceed 500MB
Who qualifies as a student?
- You must currently be enrolled either part time or full time at an academic institution
Can I get a refund and withdraw my submission?
- We will not be offering refunds for submissions.
- For any inquiries about a refund, please contact email@example.com
Can I make changes to my submission?
- For any changes that need to be made to the Google Form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may make changes to your Google Drive Folder until Oct 17th at 1159PM PST.
Will I be notified if I’ve been selected?
- We will only be sending out emails to the selected recipients.
- Winners will be announced on 11-12,13,14-2021
What is the jury’s selection process?
- The Jury for each category will review all submissions individually. The top five from each will be discussed among the group and a selection will arise.
What do the winners receive?
- Winners will be featured in our Awards Show Gallery and across all our social media platforms.
- A physical award to be proudly displayed.
- Guidelines and Resources permitting we will curate present a physical exhibition in a surprise location.